Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Soundtrack to my life

An older song that I absolutely love to hear is "Delta Dawn" by Tanya Tucker. This may not be the soundtrack of MY life, but it definitely has an important part in my life. This song is my grandpa's favorite song in the entire world, so hearing it always makes me smile and reminds me of him. It's such an old song that I probably wouldn't really know it if it wasn't for him. Every time I get the chance to see him (like once a year), he belts it out with his horrible voice or makes my sister sing it for him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxRYMiitmho

Another song that came to mind when I started thinking about this assignment was "Dreamer" by Chris Brown. It's inspiring enough just to listen to, but every time I hear it, I instantly think about volleyball. Volleyball has been a huge part of my life and my senior year of high school, my whole team sang this song in the locker room together before our game. It ended up being our last game, which was a very sad night for me. Hearing this song just reminds me of how much I loved volleyball and  how close I was to my team and coaches. I think it also makes me want to work harder, since the game ended with a loss and we didn't make it to sectional finals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAFtcYa3PDU

"So Small" - Carrie Underwood. I just love Carrie Underwood in general, but this song is one of my favorites. I think the message is important and perfect for my life because I feel I let the little things get the best of me when really there are more important things going on in life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQj6RrQbgA&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TLT8S3YdoCG2M

"Mrs. Steven Rudy" - Mark McGuinn. This song is kind of stupid, but it is one of my favorites because it reminds me of my mom. We used to sing to this is our car rides picking up my sister from her rehearsal for the plays she did as a kid. We always got excited to hear it on the radio and to this day, if it ever randomly plays, my mom will instantly text me or I'll text her. It's just one of those that makes me so excited to hear because of her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIjjhVWvguQ

I really enjoyed doing this assignment; I think I could have went on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment